Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Dive in the Past - A Peep in the Future!

First things First, a Happy New Year to all my buddies in the Virtualization World. I wish that each one of you have a Successful, Healthier & a Wealthier 2014. I wanted to kick off 2014 with this article to have a quick look at the year gone by and also peep in the future and see what's in store for the year 2014 & beyond.


While "Never Look Back" is a great strategy for a progressive person, I believe that you need to Look Back & Learn from your experiences and prepare yourself for the future. So it's good to have a look at the rear-view mirror :-) in my opinion. When I look back at 2013, I can easily say that this was one of the best times of my professional career. There have been some great highs in the year and I am thankful to my family, friends & employer for the encouragement & support.


The year started with travel and I would say that this is the most I have ever traveled for work. Although it
was killing I am happy that it paid off with more than 12 successfully delivered projects with the Top
Enterprise customers of VMware in India. This was also the first time when vXpress was ranked number 12 for being the "Most Favorite New Blog" in the Virtualization community. Blogging was a dream and I am so happy I have got a lot of great feedback from the readers & sponsors of vXpress all year long. Thanks to all the readers for their amazing support. This definitely gives me the dope to live this dream in the time to come. vSphere-Land would be soon coming out with Top vBlog 2014 voting and I hope I could improve on my past ranking this year.



This was definitely not the end of good things. I was soon promoted to a Senior Consultant@VMware & the PSO Team in India started to grow at a rapid pace. Pretty soon I was awarded the VMware vExpert 2013 title for all the community work I had done through my blogs & other VMware forums. This gave me a lot of recognition in the industry and some great buddies who have inspired me and helped me with their work. vExpert is a way of life now and I will make sure that I keep giving back to this awesome community to the best of my knowledge, experience and ability.



Although I still have fresh memories of all the goodness of 2013, it is the time which has passed by. It is time when I step into 2014 and look forward to face all the new challenges which will help me grow personally and professionally. I think the bigger reason for me is to meet connect with the amazing people in the community and have a great time learning new things and sharing experiences. n all this there are a few things which I have targeted and a few which are bestowed upon me by the grace of all mighty. It is amazing to start the year knowing that I will be a Father soon. Just waiting for this amazing transition to happen and I would need all your prayers and blessings. Don't have words to describe our excitement around this..



While I would definitely strive for a better work-life balance, there are a certain things I would want to achieve this year. A VCDX Attempt definitely tops the list. At this point I must congratulate Samir Roshan (my PSO colleague) to become the first VCDX in India. This is truly inspiring and I wish to follow his footsteps on my journey to the VCDX title. Another difficult one for me would be to quit smoking completely. I realize that I need to stop poisoning myself as 20 hazardous chemicals cannot be your friend. I will spend all the time & money I save from not smoking on my health instead. 



With this I Close 2013 and Welcome 2014 with open arms. Once again, my best wishes and regards for you and your loved one's. Have a Fantastic Year Ahead!!

Follow on Twitter -     @Sunny_Dua

LinkedIn - LinkedIn@duasunny





No comments:

Post a Comment